You have no items in your cart.
Anticipatory Behaviour Skills Workshop with Kay Attwood
We’re very happy to welcome back Kay Attwood, KCAI Dog Trainer of the Year, to present this workshop exploring how Anticipation works for us as a valuable training tool in all aspects of canine life.
Anticipatory describes the feeling you get when you know what’s coming – sometimes a good feeling and sadly sometimes not. We can use anticipation to help our dogs cope with all sorts of emotions, fear and anxiety, behaviour aspects, self-management and so much more!
It can also describe something that happens because something else is going to happen later – like that anticipatory excitement you feel the night before a big event.
Kay will discuss:
- The roll of emotions in behaviour
- Regressive Assimilation
- Noise Therapy
- General Anticipatory skills and games!
- Using everyday items as equipment
- Games that involve movement and self-management
- Games to encourage focus
- Problem Solving Games
- Group Games
- Self-Management/Impulse Control games
- Only kind and humane methods
The first part of this workshop is a presentation and the remainder of the workshop will be practical exercises for all dogs taking part.
- Anticipatory Behaviour Skills Workshop
November 30, 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm