You have no items in your cart.
Our training is designed especially for pets and is based on the kindest, most effective, non-punitive methods. We carefully restrict the number of dogs in classes to provide an excellent instructor to student / dog ratio. We hope you enjoy coming to classes as much as we do instructing them!
These policies are written in the interest of safety, responsibility and care for owners and dogs.
- Harsh handling is strongly discouraged. We have a complete ban on choke chains and other coercive or punitive techniques, in accordance with the APDT Code of Practice.
- Owners are expected to clean up after their dogs. Please keep to the areas designated for our training only. All dogs must be kept under control and on leash, except where specifically instructed by staff. You are responsible for the conduct of your dog at all times.
- Refunds cannot be given after the course has started, except in exceptional circumstances – as decided by the course coordinator. Ruff Hounds cannot accept responsibility for loss, injury or damage to person or property.
- Children are very welcome at classes – indeed they are often the best handlers! However, for the sake of safety and consistency in training, young people under the age of 16 MUST be with an adult. Children who make a lot of noise or dash about can teach dogs to chase children! Parents might wish to sit down with their children before coming to class to explain how important it is for them to be well behaved, so that their dog is too!
- Dogs who are not in a fit state to attend due to disease, injury or any other reason may not be brought to class. Please do not bring your dog if he or she has been in contact with another dog infected with contagious disease. All dogs should be fully protected by vaccination or titre testing as advised by their Vet. Bitches in season are not allowed to attend classes. If for some reason the dog cannot come to class, the owner is encouraged to attend without the dog – you can then catch up at home.